"Crocheting acts as a mental and physical therapy and there are many beautiful things that are created in the process.” – Today’s Crochet World

Saturday, January 21, 2012

A lot of Work Goes It into

Sometimes I don't think people truly realize how much work goes into making an afghan.  I love the look of the squares all sewn together but I don't do them very often because it's a tedious process depending on the square.  I recently took a picture of the process along with an explaination of how the process goes.
This is how I explained it for my kids to get a better understanding.  108 little circles become 108 little flowers which then become 108 small squares which become 108 bigger squares which become 12 strips of 9 squares which are sewn together to make an afghan.  I believe my kids response was .....WOW!!!....lol

No comments:

Post a Comment