"Crocheting acts as a mental and physical therapy and there are many beautiful things that are created in the process.” – Today’s Crochet World

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Flu Bug Saturday

Yuck!  I woke up this morning with a throbbing headache and feeling rather yucky.  It looks like the flu bug has decided it's avoided our house long enough.  I'm so glad that I got a good bit done on my Shades of Brown RR.  I was really hoping to have it finished in the next couple days, but it looks like today will be a no crochet day.  I have so many projects that I need to get started but something always seems to pop up.


A good friend of mine wants us to start getting together so I can show her a few crochet stitches.  She has been busy making hats and scarves for charity and she wants to learn about making afghans.  We plan to make lapghans and other things through out the year and when the winter months hit we want to donate them to nursing homes and those who are in need.  I think it's a wonderful idea and a great way to give back to our community.  


I see a yarn run in our future, since the only store in our little town is Wal-Mart we have to take a trip out of town to find what we really need.  I think it would make a nice once a month girls day out.  A chance to get out of the house and drool over a way bigger yarn selection...lol.


Hopefully this is just a 24 hour bug and i'll be back at it tomorrow.  Nothing like feeling yucky when you have things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment